Welcome to the first weekend of 2018! You made it. Congratulations. Your reward is a weekend full of wonderful local live music acts to catch in Knoxville. No concerts at the Bijou Theatre, Tennessee Theatre, or Mill & Mine this weekend, so if you're hankering for some live music, it's time to hit the bars.
We have a bonus show for your consideration: Daniel Kimbro's 'Fappalachia' is at Barley's on Friday night. It would've been in this week's Top Five, but I'm pretty sure I can't say "fap" on television. There are some excellent players joining Daniel on stage tonight including Andy Wood on mandolin!
Here are the shows we talked about in the segment:
- Meob with Mah Kee Oh and Moccasin Cowboy at Pilot Light
- The Burnin' Hermans at Scruffy City Hall
- Kelsey's Woods at Barley's Taproom
- Pale Root at Barley's Taproom
- Joshua Powell & The Great Train Robbery at Preservation Pub
BONUS VIDEO: Since it's the first weekend, it's also time to take a look ahead at the whole month of January. I joined Jac B at Boyd's Jig & Reel to preview our picks, and you can watch that here via KnoxvilleWeekend.com.